This echo is for the discussion and support of BBS software, utilities,
and doors, regardless of hardware or software platforms. Other
general BBS-related chat that is not already specifically covered
by another echo in Fidonet is also welcome. This can include questions
from new Fidonet users about Fidonet.
Current BBS software authors are allowed and encouraged to support their product in this echo if they do not have an echo of their own on the Fidonet backbone.
By your participation in this echo, you agree to the following rules:
* Real names are required to be used in this echo. No aliases. If
your BBS software will not allow you to toggle between real name and
alias in the message header, sign your message with your real name.
* All messages must be in English. You may post a message in your native
language as long as an English translation accompanies the native
post in the same message.
* No blatently off-topic posts such as BBS ads, "test" messages,
* Any traffic concerning Fidonet matters, such as alleged "echo
hijackings", complaints about other echoes and their moderators,
or any traffic construed as such by the moderators is OFF-TOPIC.
Absolutely none of that is allowed in this echo and violators will
be dealt with swiftly. Please take such discussion to netmail or
another appropriate echo.
* BBS software authors are allowed to announce new versions of their
software in this echo.
* Be civil and have a sense of humor. BBSing is a very personal hobby
where people may run their system differently than yours. Unless their
system is harming yours, just agree to disagree if the discussion gets
heated which leads to this: please no flaming! I understand disagreements
and misunderstandings but if you decide you want to get personal, please
take it elsewhere.
* Please don't gate this echo to USENET, a mailing list, another BBS
mail network, an online Fidonet mail archive, or anything else
without the moderator's express and written permission. This is
a Fidonet echo and needs to stay in Fidonet.
* This echo does not recognize any local or regional echomail policies
such as EP1. This echo originates in Zone 1 and follows Zone 1 policies
concerning the "echolist".
* The moderators have the final say in dealing with problems in the echo.
If you have something to say about a moderator's action, please
contact them via netmail (preferred) or email.
* This is a living document and will be adjusted as needed.
* This document will be posted on the 1st and 15th of each month and
* Please don't hesitate to contact the moderators with any questions.
Thank you for your participation in BBS_CARNIVAL!
-- Andrew Leary/BBS_CARNIVAL Moderator
Sean Dennis/BBS_CARNIVAL Co-Moderator